Blazing Saddles on and Easter egg in hand...

Ah, the joys of a Bank Holiday! I have been saving Blazing Saddles for a rainy night such as this one where rain runs down my window and the wind makes the trees in the garden dance in a waltz. But shall I watch A Man for all Seasons instead? My choice in movies is very bathetic; from the sublime drama of Paul Scofield's finest hour in the role of St Thomas More ("I was the King's good servant, but the Lord's first") to the comic-tastic Gene Wilder slumping against a prison wall murmuring, "my name is Jim, but most people call me...Jim." Blazing Saddles came number 6 among the American Film Institute's Top-100 Comedies. A Man for All Seasons won 6 Oscars, and don't have to be religious or 'a Roman' to enjoy it, as the trailer will attest.

I still have a few shards of Easter egg left...  A movie night is like the intermission in 'real life'.

 

Comments

  1. Oh, how I *do* like your taste, Mary!

    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put A Man for All Seasons on my online movie order queue when you wrote this post. It just came in the mail... Excellent movie.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put A Man for All Seasons on my online movie order queue when you wrote this post. It just came in the mail... Excellent movie.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The precise reason Padre Pio refused absolution to a woman who had an abortion and why he eventually granted her absolution

I do not believe The Third Secret of Fatima came to pass with the attempted assassination of John Paul II in 1981

Our Lady appeared on the 13th of the month at Fatima so we may avoid the fate of Judas