YOUR DAILY OFFERING OF SELF TO THE SACRED HEART

O Lord Jesus Christ, in union with that Divine intention with which Thou didst on earth offer praises to God through Thy Most Sacred Heart, and dost now continue to offer them in all places in the Sacrament of the Eucharist and will do so to the end of the world, I most willingly offer Thee, throughout this entire day, all my intentions and thoughts, all my affections and desires, all my words and actions, in imitation of the most Sacred Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary ever Immaculate. Amen

This prayer is designed as a daily oblation of self to the Sacred Heart, and if you pray it, you make a very thorough offering of the intentions of your soul, the workings of your mind, your heart's desire, your spoken words and actions while you are in imitation of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  We know from the revelations Jesus gave Sr Mary of St Peter, that Our Lord commands that we never separate His Heart from the Heart of His Mother, Mary. And in this offering you make an offering of yourself to Jesus's Heart while you try to model yourself after the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

I am in the process of learning this offering by heart, that I may start each day by surrendering all my intentions, thoughts, affections, desires, words and actions while I strive in ever so inadequate a way to imitate Our Lady's most chaste heart.




Comments

  1. After a parish mission once, a very holy priest, Fr John Edwards SJ RIP, asked us to pledge to make this offering every day along with the Act of Faith and the Act of Contrition.

    Dear Jesus, through the Immaculate heart of Mary, I offer You the prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day, in union with all the Holy Masses said throughout the world today. I offer them to You especially for the Pope's intentions for this month.

    O my God, I believe in You and all your Church teaches, because You have said it, and Your word is true.

    O my God, because You are so good, I am very sorry that I have sinned against You and by the help of Your grace, I will not sin again.

    God bless you Mary and your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts