AT LONG LAST I GIVE MY READERS WHAT THEY HAVE ASKED FOR THE MOST

Perhaps the biggest surprise I have gotten in the course of writing this blog is that most readers first come here looking for, "novena to St Jude, never known to fail".  For a long time I have meant to post the novena, but never felt I had a precise reason or "hook" as we say in the world of journalism to do so. I do not have a devotion to St Jude, and so to my discredit his feast always comes and goes without my taking care to honor his day. I thought I would have to wait 9 days before St Jude's feast day of October 28th 2020 in order that posting a novena would have relevance (if anyone thinks I have Asperger's, point them to this post). 

But then I read that St Jude had the white martyrdom of being mistaken for Judas and was thus thought a mercenary traitor. So as Judas betrayed Christ by a kiss on His Holy Face, Jude decided to set people right by wearing a picture of Christ's Face on him at all times. The iconography of Jude that has come down to us has him with a large icon of the Holy Face on his chest.  As you may see in the holy picture below, Jude wears a gold medal with the Holy Face on it, like a plate-sized coin. To close this month of posts I have done on the Holy Face, I hereby give my readers that which they have most come to this blog for - the novena to St Jude. For those of you who have not searched for this novena for yourselves, please of your goodness offer this novena for those souls who have.

Most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever. I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts