WHEN ST THERESE GAVE ME A ROSE-PRINT SCARF
On Christmas Eve, I went with friends for a scrumptious dinner at the home of some neighbors. A roast ham was enjoyed by all. One of the hosts has a fantastic devotion to the Little Flower, aka, St Therese of Lisieux.
She was telling me that she called on her when her little boy was at death's door, and he recovered miraculously, the disease just disappeared. There was also a time when she owed a big bill, and it was mysteriously paid. Every occasion that the Little Flower has interceded in big ways, she has sent roses within a day. So, this lady who is eagerly awaiting my Padre Pio book (as are a few other people it seems) volunteered to pray to St Therese for the completion of the last draft that I'm working on. Then she said, "Watch out for the gift of roses!" I demurred, and said that it could be a long wait.
I thought the roses would come on the day of the book's publication, but no, on Christmas morning, a friend of mine for 10 years gave me this beautiful scarf, not even 12 hours after the dinner party. She knows me well and knows my taste for rococo fashion. But it is a rose-printed scarf!
I wish all my readers a blessed and peaceful 2024, God willing I will be doing much more blogging than last year, and will be giving updates as to the date the book on Pio will be published.



I am somewhat dismayed that a comment I posted on https://thepathlesstaken7.blogspot.com/2022/08/st-augustine-on-only-way-to-control.html was never addressed (it wasn't even cleared for posting I think), the very strong possibility that Catholicism/Christianity in general harmed my life and someone else's was never even attempted to be addressed, or at the very least a response that "I'm sorry this happened to you and your family, I'm sorry it appears that Catholicism made yours and someone else's life worse, and even if I don't agree with that assessment I will pray for you and hopefully Jesus answers my prayer on your behalf and finally answers your prayers this time". I understand this is a private website and of course the admin can filter what they want, but to present itself as a supposedly compassionate website open to the truth (which is what Christianity in general presents itself as, as compassionate and truthful) and then pretending uncomfortable truths others experienced don't exist because it conflicts with their dogma seems disingenuous at best.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comments - both of which I have only just read - please bear with me. I just trawled through my spam folder and found your original comment, if I am not mistaken you commented under the name, SidV88? Presently, I have 413 spam comments, and I do endeavor to read them all, but some get overlooked, especially if a post attracted many spammers, as did the post on Augustine's prayer life and how he got the grace to be chaste. Had I seen your comment when you left it, it would have been published and answered then.
DeleteI am very sorry for the pain you are in, and all you have endured. I will say that my post on Augustine concerned the grace to have control over bodily appetites, not that the appetites can or will be entirely removed.
I will pray for you and your wife. I know very little of your circumstances and don't think the comments section is appropriate for the solving of complex, personal dilemmas, thus may I suggest you and your wife seek a holy priest. If I may make another suggestion, perhaps a Norbertine priest. St Augustine is their spiritual father, and they may be able to guide you expertly.
Prayers will continue. God bless you and your wife.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteYou are most welcome for the prayers, they will continue.
DeleteYou are the most beautiful woman that has ever lived.
ReplyDeleteOh no, I'm just a pale imitation of an Irish farm girl, the most beautiful woman that ever lived bar none was the Blessed Mother. Her beauty is beyond compare.
DeleteDear Mary, how do I contact you. I would love to invite you on Mother and Refuge YouTube channel
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! If you leave your email, then I can contact you and we can set something up. Wonderful that you have called your channel after Our Lady, well done.
DeleteAs in, leave another comment with your email. God bless you.
DeleteMARY!!!! Greetings, benedictions, and felicitations! That is a lovely shade of red and looks very nice on you. Very classy, too. A good start to your blog for 2024 . Prayers for the other commenter and his situation.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteJames! Dear friend, how absolutely lovely to hear from you. Thank you so much for your generous comment and for your prayers for SidV88. You are as good and kind as ever. May I wish you and your family a most blessed and joyful 2024. More posts planned and a battle plan in place for finishing the book.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThank you for your comment, you've given me much to discern as regards Pio appearing in dreams.
DeleteStumbled on this blog. Very interesting! I too am a traditional Catholic from the Philippines. Thank you for your wishes.
ReplyDeleteHello! How can I subscribe to this blog so I will know when your Padre Pio book will be released? Also, I would love you to follow my FB page, I am a devotee of St. Philomena too. God bless.
ReplyDeleteDear Blanche, Thank you so much! I am afraid that Blogger stopped the subscription service, but if you leave a follow-up comment with your email, I will put you on the list of people to be notified. Also, if you would like to leave a link to your FB page I'll check it out. I am not on FB at the moment, but that could change. God bless you and your devotion to St Philomena
Delete