Dog of the Week

Here I am near Paddington with this charming Chihuahua. You can see a lot of Chihuahuas and 'toy breeds' in the vicinity of Paddington Train Station because they are dogs beloved by commuters who can easily travel with a Chihuahua on their lap in the busiest train carriage at rush-hour. 

I've often been tempted to get a Chihuahua, and become a walking clichĂ©: walking in kitten heels, wearing a cocktail dress on my way to some party with a Chihuahua sticking its fluffy head out of my handbag. The joy of having a Chihuahua is that they are so light they can be carried for long periods of time. They say that a Chihuahua is 'a little dog with a big personality', and Chihuahuas can have very dominant personalities, evidenced by the way many owners need strong dog harnesses to restrain a dog with such a slight build. Chihuahuas can have very mild personalities. Their genetic inheritance dictates the kind of personality they will have, and someone looking for a Chihuahua with an even-temperament needs to ask a lot of questions of the breeder as to the personality traits of Ma and Pa Chihuahua. 

I will resist the urge to get one. My heart belongs to Greyhounds and whenever I go on a date, my friends have started asking me, 'is his place big enough for a Greyhound?!'  An important question indeed.  So far, my favourite Dog of the Week is the the Lady Greyhound, whose paws reached my collar-bone.  



Comments

  1. It would be handy if there were donkeys of this size as I could travel with them in a basket on Ryanair and visit my family in the UK; instead of using a horsebox, hundred of litres of petrol, a dozen admin steps for EEC equine paperwork, vet's transit stamp fees, cross-channel ferry livestock charges, etc.. If you see any lap-donkeys around Paddington, please let me know. This could be the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thank you for your hilarious comment. I will definitely let you know if I come across any lap-donkeys around Paddington.

    Although, I don't think lap-donkeys would have had the backbone for carrying Our Lady to Bethlehem...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I do not believe The Third Secret of Fatima came to pass with the attempted assassination of John Paul II in 1981

Our Lady appeared on the 13th of the month at Fatima so we may avoid the fate of Judas

What is your Memento Mori? It need not be a skull. Mine is a red bus.