BLACK IS THE COLOR...


 ...of my attire on Good Friday and around my neck is a garnet cut in a drop-shape that reminds me of Our Lord's Precious Blood shed for us. 

My one meal is halibut in a little butter with broccoli and garlic. Watching Mel Gibson's The Passion completes the day. For many of my friends watching The Passion during the evening of Good Friday is a hallowed tradition in their families. 

My priority is to meditate on Our Lord's Passion, and to offer the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary. There is also the occasion to offer the prayer of St Bridget 33 times which releases 33 souls from Purgatory on Good Friday:

"I adore Thee, O Holy Cross, which has been adorned with the tender, delicate, and venerable hands and feet of my Savior, Jesus Christ, and imbued with the Precious Blood. I adore Thee, my God, nailed to the Cross for me. I adore Thee again, O Holy Cross, for the love of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen"  

On every other Friday, if you recite this prayer 33 times in honor of Our Lord's 33 years on earth, you will release 3 souls. This is ten times less than 33, and may seem little, but if you offer it for 51 Fridays, you will have released 103 souls, who will become a chorus in Heaven, praying for your intentions. Perhaps you might consider putting a reminder on your phone to say the prayer of St Bridget every Friday and to look forward to having 3 more intercessors in Heaven every Friday. 

Comments

  1. Lovely attire for a lovely lady.
    Pax Christi Vobiscum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Greg, Thank you for your kind comment. God bless you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts