NOVENA TO ST RAPHAEL FOR HEALING



St Raphael is one of the Archangels celebrated on September 29th. The three leading Archangels that we know by name are Michael, Gabriel and Raphael. 

 I am offering the Chaplet of St Michael for 9 days in the run up to the 29th, but I'm also offering the novena below to St Raphael. Major graces of healing have been given me in the past when I've offered a novena to St Raphael.  


Glorious Archangel Saint Raphael,

Great prince of the heavenly court,
you are illustrious
for your gifts of wisdom and grace.
You are a guide of those who journey
by land or sea or air,
consoler of the afflicted,
and refuge of sinners.
I beg you,
assist me in all my needs
and in all the sufferings of this life,
as once you helped
the young Tobias on his travels.
Because you are the medicine of God,
I humbly pray you to heal the many infirmities
of my soul and the ills that afflict my body.
I especially ask of you this favor

(Make your request here...)

and the great grace of purity
to prepare me to be the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

* * *

A little book on St Raphael that I love is Angela Carol's St Raphael: Angel of Marriage, of Healing, of Happy Meetings, of Joy and of Travel. It's a steal at 3 dollars. 


Classic etching of St Raphael and Tobias that accompanies this post was executed by Gustave Doré. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts