PRESS HIM IN MY NAME AND KISS HIS FINE HEAD FOR ME

St Joseph and the Christ Child by Miguel Cabrera

May I invite you to join me in offering the novena to St Joseph? The classic novena prayer to St Joseph invites Joseph to caress and kiss the Christ Child. You may pray it for your most heartfelt intentions, and you may say it once a day for 9 days. It starts on March 11th and ends on March 19th, the Feast of St Joseph. 

This year I am offering the novena for the intentions of my significant other, for a close friend who is trying to sell their home, and for the intentions of Cardinal Joseph Zen.  You may find below a photo of Cardinal Zen with a group of schoolboys. This was on the day Cardinal Zen offered his first Mass in 1961. 

Novena to St Joseph that has never been known to fail. 

Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.
Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls - Pray for me. Amen.

 

Comments

Popular Posts