OBTAIN FOR ME THE GRACE TO WORK IN THE SPIRIT OF PENANCE IN EXPIATION OF MY SINS


I begin my consecration to St Joseph on this day, March 30th.  My close friends, Catherine Collins and Danny Risdon or "Rizzo" as he likes to be called will be joining me. Were it not for their company, I doubt I would be able to consecrate myself to St Joseph. This 33 day consecration will end on May 1st, Feast of St Joseph the Worker.  I feel called to consecrate myself in a special way to St Joseph the Worker, because I have  some major projects such as my book on Padre Pio as well as writing an e-learning course (also on Padre Pio) that need to be completed, and this will require a great deal of strength on my part and jolly hard work. 

There is the consecration chart which you may like to use to plan the date when you begin your consecration to St Joseph.  If, like me and my friends, you are starting March 30th and ending on the Feast of St Joseph the Worker, you may like to pray the venerable prayer below to St Joseph the Worker before you begin Day 1. Also, please share this prayer with people who are struggling in their jobs, who are out of work or who have lost their will to work or have lost hope that they will ever find work. If you pray this prayer for people looking for work, and remember to replace the "me" with their name, you may gain a Plenary Indulgence.

Prayer to St Joseph the Worker by Pope St Pius X

O glorious St Joseph, model of all who labor, obtain for me the grace to work in the spirit of penance in expiation of my numberless sins; preferring devotion to duty to my inclinations; to work with joy and gratitude, regarding it as an honor to develop and employ by work the gifts which I have received from God; to work with order, peace, patience, and moderation, without ever recoiling before weariness and difficulties, to work, especially with a pure intention and detached from myself, ever having death before my eyes and the account which I must give for time lost, for talents unused, for good omitted and for vain satisfaction in success, so fatal to the work of God. Amen. 


* * *

The classic painting used in this piece is a masterpiece by El Greco, executed circa 1599. 

Comments

  1. Mary, I am joining you, Catherine, and Danny on the consecration. The more, the merrier!

    By the way, have you heard of that saintly Sister Clare Crockett of Derry who died in 2016? I hope they have prayer cards for her. She is the real thing, born in 1982, growing up in the troubles.

    When I go to adoration tonight with my mom, I will ask Jesus, the Father and my Dad for the grace you desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear James Ignatius,

      We are delighted to have you in our midst! It gave me joy that you have joined us.

      Your generosity continues to astound. Thank you so much for remembering my intention before the Most Holy Eucharist.

      Clare Crockett! I think she'll be raised to the altars in time to come. I hope to post on her life...

      Yours devotedly in Christ,

      Mary

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts