A BLESSED FEAST OF ST PATRICK TO YOU AND YOURS



I wish you a most happy feast of the great St Patrick.  I got a gift of a sparkly shamrock scarf, which I've been wearing on my walks and during outings to shops as preparation for March 17. 

May I invite you to join me in praying St Patrick's Breastplate? It is a powerful prayer against the forces of evil. A breastplate is a strong metal bodysuit worn in battle, and truly this prayer is the bullet-proof vest of deliverance prayers. 

Just as St Paul wrote of putting on the "armor of Christ", this prayer allows you the means to put on the awesome armor of the Anointed One. 

Breastplate of St Patrick

I bind to myself this day,
the strong virtue of the invocation of the Most Holy Trinity,
the faith of the Most Holy Trinity in Unity,
the Creator of the elements.
I bind to myself this day,
the power of the Incarnation of Christ and His Baptism,
the power of His Crucifixion with His Burial,
the power of His Coming to the sentence of the judgment.

I bind to myself this day,
the power in the love of Seraphim,
in the obedience of Angels,
in the hope of resurrection unto reward,
in the prayers of the Patriarchs,
in the predictions of Prophets,
in the faith of Confessors,
in the purity of Virgins,
in the deeds of Holy Men and Women.

I bind to myself this day,
the power of God to guide me,
the might of God to uphold me,
the wisdom of God to teach me,
the eye of God to watch over me,
the ear of God to hear me,
the word of God to give me speech,
the hand of God to protect me,
the way of God to lie before me,
the shield of God to shelter me,
the host of God to defend me,
against the snares of demons,
against the temptations of vices,
against the lusts of nature,
against every man that meditates injury to me,
whether far or near alone or with many.

I have invoked all these virtues,
against every hostile, savage power,
warring upon my body and soul,
against the enchantments of false prophets,
against the false laws of heresy,
against the deceits of idolatry,
against the spells of women, magicians and druids,
against all knowledge which binds the soul of man.

Christ protect me this day
against poison, against burning,
against drowning, against wounding,
that I may receive abundant reward.
Christ be with me, Christ before me,
Christ be after me, Christ within me,
Christ below me, Christ above me,
Christ at my right hand, Christ at my left,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks to me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

I bind to myself this day
the strong faith of the invocation of the Most Holy Trinity,
the faith of the Most Holy Trinity in Unity,
the Creator of the elements,
salvation is the Lord’s,
salvation is from Christ,
Thy salvation, O Lord, be with us for ever.

Amen

St Patrick's Breastplate and a treasure trove of other prayers are available in Deliverance Prayers For Use by the Laity

Comments

  1. Happy St. Patrick; day to you, Mary! It was always a special day when I grew up. During Lent we never had desserts or sweets, but on that day my mother, who was of the Irish Dugan family, would make a cake on that day.

    That strange American tradition of corned beef and cabbage I detest - I never have liked boiled cabbage. So my wife, who has the O'Flahety and O"Glynn blood in her veins (from Cork, I think), decided that Rueben Sandwiches were the compromise - sauerkraut on corned beef on toasted rye bread - YUM!

    I am so grateful for St. Patrick and what he did. He brought the good news to our people, the news of the redemption and the hope of salvation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A most happy feast to you and your family, dear James Ignatius.

      I have to confess that I do like boiled cabbage very much.

      Fascinating to learn the Irish last names in your family. The Duggan stronghold is very much West Cork. I knew of people called O'Flaherty when I grew up in Cork. The O'Flaherty stronghold is in Galway though.

      Thank God for St Patrick 💚 Give my best to your Cha.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Mary for this prayer. I intend to recite this prayer often. Earlier today, I posted this prayer on Face Book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts