BLESSED BE THE NAME OF JESUS


As part of my preparation for Christmas, I am learning by heart the Divine Praises. This pious exercise is my homework for Advent, but t'will serve me well into the future, in whatever day or month I want to offer the 14 Praises that include, "Blessed be Jesus in the most Holy Sacrament of the Altar" from memory, as opposed to looking them up on my phone or accessing it in a prayer book. 

The Divine Praises are offered during Benediction, the prayer service when the priest blesses the congregation with the Blessed Sacrament. The priest kneels before the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the monstrance, and leads the souls gathered in praying: 

Divine Praises

Blessed be God.

Blessed be His Holy Name.

Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true man. 

Blessed be the Name of Jesus.

Blessed be His most Sacred Heart. 

Blessed be His most Precious Blood. 

Blessed be Jesus in the most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. 

Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete.

Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most holy. 

Blessed be her Holy and Immaculate Conception.

Blessed be her glorious Assumption.

Blessed be the name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.

Blessed be Saint Joseph, Her most chaste spouse.

Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints. 

Comments

  1. Mary, good idea. And, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your annual November posts on praying for the poor souls. I look forward to them every year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James Ignatius - thank you - you are a most loyal reader. I love writing about the holy souls. Please God, I may do so every November.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts