I HAVE CRIED TO THEE

To be prayed for the holy souls in Purgatory

De Profundis

Out of the depths I have cried to Thee, O Lord: Lord, hear my voice. 

Let Thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication. 

If Thou, O Lord, wilt mark iniquities: Lord, who shall abide it. 

For with Thee there is merciful forgiveness: and because of Thy law, I have waited for Thee, O Lord. 

My soul hath waited on His word: my soul hath hoped in the Lord. 

From the morning watch even until night, let Israel hope in the Lord. 

For with the Lord there is mercy: and with Him plenteous redemption. And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Before I posted this prayer, I offered it for the elderly gent who went to God on May 25th, the birthday of Padre Pio.  Please, dear reader, offer it for him, too. 

A happy feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel which is celebrated this day of July 16th to all my readers. You may see below a classic painting of Our Lady of Mount Carmel coming to aid of the suffering souls. 


Comments

  1. Happy feast of our Lady of Mount Carmel to you, Mary, as well as a belated happy feast of st. Bonaventure!

    I am glad to see the good ole translation of Psalm 129, found in the Office of the Dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel to you, James Ignatius, and to your family.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts