WHEN MY PARCHED LIPS CAN NO LONGER KISS THY SACRED WOUNDS

O MY CRUCIFIED JESUS, mercifully accept the prayer which I now make to Thee for help in the moment of my death, when at its approach all my senses shall fail me. When, therefore, O sweetest Jesus, my weary and downcast eyes can no longer look up to Thee, be mindful of the loving gaze which now I turn on Three, and have mercy on me. 

When my parched lips can no longer kiss Thy most sacred wounds, remember then those kisses which now I imprint on Three, and have mercy on me. 

When my cold hands can no longer embrace They cross, forget not the affection with which I embrace it now, and have mercy on me. 

And when at length, my swollen and lifeless tongue can no longer speak, remember that I called upon Thee now.  Jesus, Mary, Joseph, to you I commend my soul.  Amen

In the wake of Kobe Bryant's tragic passing, I felt called to pray this most sobering prayer and share it with you. We know not the day or the hour. Please pray for Kobe's family and for his soul. 

Comments

  1. And let's not forget the other 7- 8 people that died. People tend to overlook them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true. We need hold these other souls in prayer, too.

      Delete
  2. He went to Mass and received the Eucharist 2 hours before he died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a blessing to know this. Thank you for your comment, Linda.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts