JESUS, DRAGGED WITH A ROPE ROUND THY NECK, HAVE MERCY ON ME


 ST MARGARET MARY LITANY OF THE  PASSION

Humbly prostrate at the foot of Thy holy Cross, I will often say to Thee, in order to excite Thy compassion and obtain mercy and pardon:

Jesus, unknown and despised, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, calumniated and persecuted, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, abandoned by men and tempted, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, betrayed and sold for a paltry sum, Have mercy on me. 

Jesus, blamed, accused and unjustly condemned, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, clothed with a garment of opprobrium and shame, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, buffeted and mocked, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, dragged with a rope round Thy neck, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, scourged unto blood, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, reputed to be a fool and to be possessed by a devil, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, to Whom Barabbas was preferred, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, shamefully stripped of Thy garments, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, crowned with thorns and saluted in derision, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, laden with the Cross, and disowned by Thy people, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, overwhelmed with insults, sorrow, and humiliations, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, sorrowful unto death, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, insulted, spat upon, beaten, outraged and scoffed at, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, hanged on the infamous tree in company with robbers, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, set at nought and deprived of honor before men, Have mercy on me.

Jesus, overwhelmed with all kinds of sorrow, Have mercy on me.

O Good Jesus, Who has suffered an infinity of insults and humiliations for love of me, imprint deeply on my heart a great love and appreciation for them, and the desire to endure them willingly for Thee. 

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts