I BESEECH THEE ON BEHALF OF SOULS WHO ARE IN PURGATORY ON ACCOUNT OF THE PRESS, MOTION PICTURES, RADIO AND TELEVISION...


Chaplet for the Holy Souls in Purgatory 

O Lord, my Creator and Redeemer, I believe that Thee, in Thy justice, established Purgatory for those souls who passed into eternity before having totally satisfied for their debts of guilt of punishment. I also believe that Thee in Thy mercy accept suffrages, particularly the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in their behalf to free them. O Lord, enkindle faith in me and infuse in my heart sentiments of pity toward these dear suffering brethren. 

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen. 

O Lord Jesus Christ, King of glory, through the intercession of Mary and all the saints, free the souls of the faithful departed from the punishments of Purgatory. St Michael, standard-bearer of the heavenly army, guide them to the holy light promised by the Lord to Abraham and to his descendants. I offer Thee, O Lord, sacrifice and prayers of praise. Accept them for these souls and admit them into the joy and light of eternity. 

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

O Jesus, my good Master, I beseech Thee on behalf of the souls towards whom I have serious duties of gratitude, justice, charity and family ties - parents, spiritual and temporal benefactors and loved ones. I recommend to Thee the persons who have greater responsibilities on earth: priests, leaders and lawmakers, superiors, religious. I beseech Thee also for forgotten souls, and for those who were more devoted to the Holy Eucharist and the Blessed Virgin. Lord, deign to admit them soon into eternal happiness. 

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

O Jesus, Divine Master, I thank Thee for having come down from Heaven to free man from so many evils by Thy teachings, holiness and death. I beseech Thee on behalf of the souls who are in Purgatory on account of the press, motion pictures, radio and television. I have confidence that these souls, once freed from their punishments and admitted into eternal joy, will supplicate Thee on behalf of the modern world, so that the many means Thou have granted us for elevating this earthly life may also be used as means of apostolate and for life everlasting. 

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

O merciful Jesus, by Thy sorrowful Passion and by that love which Thou have for me, I beseech Thee to cancel the punishments which I deserve in this life or in the next because of my many sins. Grant me, O Lord, a spirit of penance, purity of conscience, hatred for every deliberate venial sin, and dispositions necessary to gain indulgences. I resolve to help the holy souls in Purgatory with suffrages. And Thee, O infinite Goodness, infuse into my soul a more resolute fervor, so that when my soul is separated from the bonds of my body, it may be admitted into Heaven to contemplate Thee forever. 

Our Father, Hail Mary, Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

De Profundis

Out of the depths I cry to Thee, O Lord, O Lord, hear my voice! Let Thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication. If Thou, O Lord, shalt mark my iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand it? For with Thee there is merciful forgiveness and by reason of Thy law I have waited for Thee, O Lord. My soul hath relied on His word; My soul hath hoped in the Lord. From the morning watch even until night; let Israel hope in the Lord. Because with the Lord there is mercy and with Him plenteous redemption. And He shall redeem Israel from all its iniquities. 

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

Comments