Padre Pio and the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Helping them to Heaven. Part Four

This happened during the years of World War I. One night, Padre Pio was sitting alone absorbed in prayer. An old man entered and sat next to him. Padre Pio plainly described the incident. “I looked at him but never thought of how he had managed to get in the friary at that hours. I asked him: ‘Who are you? What do you want?’ The man answered: ‘Padre Pio, I am Pietro di Mauro, nicknamed Precoco. I died in this friary on September 18, 1908, in room number 4, when this friary was still a home for the elderly. When in bed one night, I fell asleep with my cigar burning. My bed caught fire and I died. I suffocated and burned alive. I am still in Purgatory, and I need a Mass to free my soul from it. God has given me permission to come to you and ask for your prayers.’
After I had listened to his story I said: “You can rest assured that I will celebrate Mass tomorrow for your liberation.”

Comments

  1. St. Pio truly inspires us to imitate his compassion and his love for those who are in need. By doing this he glorifies God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saint Pio,pray for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jim, that's a really good reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the reminder and the prompting to pray for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can also help the souls in Purgatory by saying St. Gertrude's prayer. "Our Lord dictated the following prayer to St. Gertrude the Great to release 1,000 Souls from Purgatory each time it is said."

    "Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, I love You and thank You so much for St. Padre Pio. Pray for us dear Saint PADRE PIO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God, I love You and thank You so much for St. Padre Pio. Pray for us dear Saint PADRE PIO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts