Why don't the greens go Amish?




Reducing one's carbon footprint? It always bemuses me that those who deride the human race as carbon creating, Planet Earth wrecking monsters are the very people who never say that the Amish people are good role models. Surely, the Amish should be green heros? The size of an Amish person's 'carbon footprint' would be the size of a four week old embryo.

Those who say that Global Warming is due to ONLY to man-made carbon will really have to practice what they preach and become like the Amish. No electricity. No telephones. No gas-guzzling cars. Oh, and no buttons on clothing. Ah, but the Amish are a Christian sect, and being followers of the first century Jewish carpenter, they aren't really likey to impress the atheistic green movement.

Weird Al Yankovic’s song ‘Amish Paradise’ ought to become the theme tune of the Green movement.

As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain
I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain
But that's just perfect for an Amish like me
You know, I shun fancy things like electricity
A local boy kicked me in the butt last week
I just smiled at him and turned the other cheek
I really don't care, in fact I wish him well
'Cause I'll be laughing my head off when he's burning in [CLIMATE CHANGE] hell

For more fun observations on those who say they want to control the climate, but who really want to control you, what you buy, how many kids you have and the huge amount of tax you must pay to preserve the environment (or in reality the taxes that boost the politicians who made the green taxes), go to James Delingpole's Daily Telegraph blog.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100020337/copenhagen-the-sweet-sound-of-exploding-watermelons/

Comments

Popular Posts