HAPPY ST VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU AND YOURS



I wish you a very happy St Valentine's Day. I was quite chuffed because himself gave me red blossoms. It was a lifelong dream of mine to receive such a bouquet. 

May I invite you to join me in offering the Novena to St. Valentine?

       Novena to St. Valentine

O holy Martyr, St. Valentine, pray for the Faithful, who are so persevering in celebrating thy memory. The day of Judgment will reveal to us all thy glorious merits. Oh! intercede for us, that we may then be made thy companions at the right hand of the Great Judge, and be united with thee eternally in heaven.


Antiphon: This Saint fought, even unto death, for the law of his God, and feared not the words of the wicked; for he was set upon a firm rock.


           Let us pray:

Grant, we beseech thee, O Almighty God, that we who solemnize the festival of blessed Valentine, Thy Martyr, may, by his intercession, be delivered from all the evils that threaten us. 
Through Christ our Lord. 
Amen.

(Here mention your petitions)

Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory be to the Father 

Stained glass of St Valentine found in the Basilica of St Valentine, Terni, Italy. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary Kay, that is very kind of you.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated Valentine's Day, Mary! Lovely flowers for a lovely lady.

    Out of your charity, could you kindly remember my late father, James Aloysius McAuley in your prayers? He went home to God on the night of Tuesday February 9, 2021. WE had his funeral at St. Philomena's Roman Catholic church in Franklinville, New York on Saturday the 13th. I served as subdeacon at his funeral with my son, James the V. We had three priests there. A good send off for my old man and my mother was very happy.

    We were able to see him the day before he died, my mother and I. What a blessing it was - I said the old prayers for a departing souls over him, blessed his hands, eyes, feet, ears and mouth with St. Joseph's oil. Then we said the rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet, like we did when I was young in the 1970s and 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear James Ignatius,

      I am so very sorry to hear of the sad passing of your father, James Aloysius. Your father was especially blessed that you anointed him with St Joseph's oil.

      I'm so glad you left this comment because it will inspire other readers who are caring for a loved one who is on the threshold of eternity. May they do as you did.

      Yes, be assured of my prayers for your father's soul and for you and your family as you recover from this loss. When your father leaves Purgatory (if he hasn't already), we will have a new intercessor before the Throne of God.

      Yours devotedly in Christ,

      Mary

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts