I might tattoo this Pius X quote to my forehead


“All the strength of Satan’s reign is due to the easy-going weakness of Catholics.” (Pope Saint Pius X, Discourse at the Beatification of St. Joan of Arc, Dec. 13, 1908)
If you should see an emaciated girl/waif with the above quote in black gothic lettering tattooed across her forehead and she is attending a Tridentine Mass at the Oratory, well you’ll know it’s me. But I might go for blue ink, as in Our Lady’s blue Mantle. The blue may look slightly more becoming with my whiter-than-white skin.
Yet, whenever I feel like criticising a non-Catholic, I read this quote and scold myself with, “it’s time to go to Mass and pray for them and your fellow Catholics.”

Comments

  1. "Easy-going weakness" says it all. Thank you for this. I'm tweeting it now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts